Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


What a week we have had! I have to admit that I am failing dismally in my quest to simplify my life at the moment. My husband is starting up his own business, so I have been very busy helping him get things sorted out. Hopefully things will settle down again soon!

It hasn't been all work in the last few days. On Saturday, we adopted this little lady from the local animal shelter...



She is 8 weeks old and is a real sweetie. I've had a cat just about my whole life but have never had a kitten (well, I got my first cat when I was around 5 so I don't remember him as a kitten). We weren't really interested in getting another cat, as it's only a few weeks since we lost our old, much loved cat. That was until I saw a mouse in the house! Hopefully Kitty with have a long life like my other cats - my first cat lived to 17 years and my second was 19 when we lost him.

So here is what we'll be having for dinner this week:

Monday: Slow Cooked Beef Bourguignon
Tuesday: Carrot & Ginger Soup
Wednesday: Tofu & Vegetable Stir fry
Thursday: Cauliflower Quiche
Friday: Fried Rice
Saturday: Chicken Tikka curry
Sunday: Red Lentil & Pumpkin Soup

Feel free to check out other menu plan ideas here.

2 comments:

  1. oooh, kitty looks so cute!! Your previous cats had very long lives, they must've had a good owner ;o). Our cat is 15 and has minimal teeth, but still manages to catch the odd mouse. She gets rewarded with food she can actually eat sans-teethed, and the mouse is quietly disposed of.

    Hopefully things settle down soon for you. This weeks menu looks delicous! Will have to check out some of those recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. Your cat sounds like my first cat...he had minimal teeth too, but still managed to catch the odd critter. I remember him catching a bird during his latter years...he proudly offered the poor thing's remains to us by placing it at our back door. Only problem was, that this back door was made of transparent glass and I happened to see the poor bird accidentally fly into the glass and fall straight into his lap while he slept. A true hunter he was!

    ReplyDelete